Stories from the Kimberley to the World
Backroom Press committee members work collectively to manage and administer the organisation. All members are invited to volunteer and contribute their ideas about the priorities and activities of the organisation. These include running and taking part in public and educational events, publishing books, and finding ways of raising our profile in the community. Members are encouraged to attend our AGM. Feedback from members is welcome through firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us by completing the Membership Form. Send it by email to email@example.com or snail mail to PO Box 2778 Broome 6725.
There is a once-only membership fee of $10, which can be paid in cash to one of the committee members or purchased using the button below.
Some non-committee members choose to take an active part in our work. These are our Active Members.
Active membership can take many forms. It can be as simple as helping out on our occasional market stalls, delivering books, organising or taking part in literary and educational events, or raising our profile in the community.
The Backroom Press Management Committee welcomes assistance from Active Members with some of our tasks, including:
- Reading and assessing manuscripts
- Graphic design
- Marketing and promotion, e.g. writing media releases
- Reviewing books
- Writing Teachers’ Notes, New Release information, short newsletter articles etc
- Distributing and promoting our books in the Kimberley, or nationally
- Filling book orders
- Posting and updating social media, e.g. Facebook and Twitter
- Maintaining the website
- Maintaining a database of contacts
- Coordinating literary events e.g. Corrugated Lines, author visits, book launches.